Consumer services is a line of a profession that includes assisting customers with product or service difficulties—Everything relative to answering consumer queries to handling returns and exchanges falls under this category. Consumer service agents are frequently employed in contact centers, but they may also be employed in retail stores or other sorts of enterprises. Although, they may even work from home in some situations.
Here is a list of best-paying jobs in consumer services that you should look for! If you want to make progress in this field.
Do you have the right skills for a consumer service job?
Although it may appear that anybody with a kind demeanor and a willingness to serve others may work in customer service—being a consumer service specialist involves more than simply a positive attitude.
To be effective in this sector, you must have good problem-solving abilities and the capacity to remain calm under pressure—As you will engage with clients regularly, you must also have strong communication skills.
The coolest consumer service jobs in 2022
Here are 5 customer service jobs that pay considerably above the minimum wage to help you locate the ideal opportunity.
- Bank teller (average salary: $36,120 per year). Bank tellers assist customers with financial transactions at banks and credit unions. They welcome customers and aid with deposits, withdrawals, transfers, money orders, checks to cash, and more bank-related transaction systems.
- Call center representative (average salary: $35,723 per year). A call center agent typically handles incoming and outbound calls for a contact center or telemarketing organization. They adhere to call scripts, assess consumer requirements, investigate problems, and give quick answers.
- Medical receptionist (average salary: $38,580 per year). Medical receptionists answer phones, schedule appointments, make appointment reminders, greet and check in patients, and do other secretarial responsibilities for hospitals, clinics, and private offices.
- Receptionist (average salary: $46,661 per year). Receptionists work for a range of companies, typically at the front desk—Consumers are greeted, inquiries are answered, complaints are documented, and customers are sent to the right staff or department for their requirements and many customer-related services.
- Client relations specialist (average salary: $43,956 per year). Client relations experts work for a variety of firms and are often in charge of maintaining long-term customer happiness.
Industry growth for the consumer industry in 2022
The consumer services job forecast is upbeat, with many new positions projected to be created in the following years. Customer service representative employment, for example, is expected to expand by 11% between 2018 and 2028.
Top 3 reasons to go for a consumer service job
Here are the top 3 reasons for selecting a customer service job.
- It’s an Excellent Way to Enhance Your holistic Job Skills — These abilities can be transferred to other roles in the same or various studies.
- The educational requirements are reasonable — A high school diploma is usually the sole educational qualification for an entry-level customer service representative, as the company will normally supply or reimburse for any necessary job training.
- A Wide Range of Workplaces — Approximately half of all customer service personnel now work from home, either by phone or through an online interface.